General Campground Information
OPEN for the Season • May 17 – October 14, 2019
Address: 115 Varty Road, Tweed ON K0K 3J0 (Map)
Check In: 2pm Check Out: 12pm
Mon. – Wed.: 9am – 12pm
Thurs. – Sun.: 9am – 5pm
(Holiday hours may vary)
Daily: 9am – 6pm (Booking after hours can be done by email)
Quiet Time is from 11:00 pm to 8:00 am. All electronic devices are to be turned off during quiet hours so as not to disturb other campers.
Garbage is to be sorted. Recyclable material to be placed in bins by main washroom and garbage must be placed in clear plastic bags in container by front entrance. If garbage is not in a CLEAR BAG we cannot take it to the dump. The dump is now charging a $1.50 fee per standard clear garbage bag. Please put your $1.50 in the box provided. We will be fined $10.00 per bag that has any recycle in it, so please recycle. Please help us by putting trash where it belongs and do not burn garbage.
All visitors to the campground must purchase a day use pass and their vehicles must be parked in the additional vehicle parking areas. No visitors are allowed to enter the campground or park after 9:00 pm. Please advise the gate staff if you are expecting any visitors.
- Day Visitors must leave the campground by 9:00 pm.
- Overnight visitors must pay “Overnight Guest” fee per person.
- Seasonal campers may purchase a seasonal visitor pass which allows visitors to their site at no charge to the visitor. Seasonal visitors pass is non-transferrable.
Please help us protect our forests DO NOT TRANSPORT FIREWOOD, it is illegal. Moving firewood, even just a few kilometers away, can spread invasive and destructive insect species such as the Emerald Ash Borer and Asian long-horned beetle to our forests. You could face penalties of up to $50,000 and/or prosecution if you move firewood. You can find more info on this topic at www.inspection.gc.ca
- Firewood is available to purchase at store. Any remaining firewood should not leave the the campground. No cutting or damaging trees for fire wood.
Campfires must be completely extinguished before retiring for the evening. Do not leave fires unattended. Do not burn garbage or leave garbage in the fire pits. Fire pits are placed in an area that should work for your site. This will damage the property if moved. Campfires are only allowed in the fire pits provided at each campsite and only to a maximum of 0.6 meters (2 feet) in height.
Reservation/Change/Cancellation Fees are Non-Refundable.
- When canceling prior to departure time, NO CASH refunds are provided under any circumstances at the campground. No refunds will be issued.
- Campers evicted from the campground for any circumstance are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Camping is an outdoor experience. Therefore, no reimbursement will be approved for discomforts of nature including rain, snow, temperature change and insects.
Drivers must obey the posted speed limit signs and be aware of pedestrians, especially children at all times.
Smoking is not permitted in the following areas as per Ontario law: Rental Units, rented Canoes/Kayaks/Tubes, rented Trailers, Buildings or within 20 ft of building door way, Pavilion or within 20 ft of or on the Beach.
Alcohol is restricted to your campsite. All illegal substances are prohibited in campground.
Pets must be on a leash not exceeding 2 meters (6 feet) and must be under control at all times. Pets are not to make excessive noise or disturb other persons and are not permitted in the beach area. Poop and scoop applies at all times.
Campground is Closed from the day after Thanksgiving Monday to the May Long Weekend. No trailers will be removed or pulled into a campsite between these times. At no time will anyone enter the premises for any reason. This is not only for our peace of mind, but it is a property liability. This is also the park’s time for cleanup, repair and construction at which time no one is allowed on the grounds.